About Me

My photo
I am serving a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Please feel free to write me. I love the Savior and am grateful that I have the opportunity to serve him for to years as I teach the people of Kenya and Nairobi about Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 14, 2014

4/14/14 Hey Everyone! Sorry this week has been super uneventful, so nothing too exciting to read today! Tuesday this week was amazing though! We had something called MLC. The Mission President came to Arusha and met with the 5 Zone Leaders in Tanzania. He talked to us about being more consecrated missionaries, and also how to be better leaders. We met with him for like 5 hours and right after I had my interview with him, so I really was on an extra spiritual high that day. He is an inspired man, and I learn a lot from him! After that we went to a member's house to say goodbye, because my companion left and there was no knowing if I am going back or not. On Wednesday we flew to Dar Es Salaam, had DDM there, and basically sat around the rest of the day. On Thursday my companion, Elder Jackson, took off and headed for home. That was really weird to say goodbye to him, and kind of a bummer because we got along pretty well. He left me with Elder Ita, who I served with in the Hills, and Elder Steed. One is a Tongan, and the other is Canadian. After he left we went for some appointments, but this week it was raining hardcore in Dar Es Salaam, so it was kind of hard. Nothing really happened until Sunday because of the rain. On Sunday we went to the Ubungo Branch. They meet in an actual chapel which was really nice because I hadn't done that yet on my mission and I kind of missed it. Because of the rain not too many people showed up to church but there were still quite a few. They asked me to bear my testimony, and of course, in Swahili. I don't know a whole lot of Swahili, but I agreed. When I went up there I definitely witnessed the gift of tongues in action. I somehow fluently bore a fairly good length testimony. Everything I had learned and read and heard just kind of came back to me. I had so many people come up to me after the service and ask how I learned so much Swahili, and when I told them I had only served in Tanzania for 6 weeks they were so surprised! I just think to my blessing when I was set apart and the Stake President told me that I would be blessed with the gift of tongues, and I was so confused because I was supposed to speak English, but now I see it all falling into place. haha Unfortunately transfers don't come until tonight so I don't yet know who my new comp is, or where I will be serving but I will let you know next week! I love you all! Elder Janda

No comments:

Post a Comment