About Me

My photo
I am serving a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Please feel free to write me. I love the Savior and am grateful that I have the opportunity to serve him for to years as I teach the people of Kenya and Nairobi about Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 28, 2014

4/28/14 Hey Mom! I am with Elder B now. He was in my MTC group actually. He kind of reminds me of that comp. that Mitch had who thought he knew everything because he was a little bit older. He is 25 and kind of stubborn. He is from Uganda, so he knows Swahili, but it is not grammatically correct Swahili, so it is kind of funny to see people blast him because they think that he is a Tanzanian haha. He actually works pretty hard though and he knows the scriptures super well. He is teaching me a lot about how to teach and things like that. Don't worry about me though. Even though it was really tough I really am doing a lot better. Oh and I am back in Arusha, so that is good! :) That is awesome that Bryant got his mission call! That is crazy to think that he is leaving so soon! Haha That is super weird to think that there will be a new ward and building and bishop and everything when I get back. Congrats on doing the 5k! I will have to work on getting in better shape so I can do one too when I get back haha. That is a bummer to hear about Courtney's Soccer. Hopefully she isn't too bummed about it, and it still ends well. We will see I guess. Haha I am not so sure I could wake up at 5:30 every day. :P 6:30 is tough enough haha. But I know you can do it though. Has Quiktrip made any crazy additions or changes yet? I am assuming they started selling pizza haha. Well mom, I am so grateful for all of the things you do for me. Thanks for your emails and support. I am still doing pretty well. I will be honest, being on mission is very hard, but I know I can do it. I love you so much!! :) Elder Janda Hey Everyone! Sorry, but a super short email this week! Anyways I am back in Arusha with Elder Barasa. Elder Barasa is from Uganda, and was actually in my MTC group, so it is cool to see him again. He knows the bible and scriptures super well, so it is good to be able to learn from him those things. We have been teaching a girl named Rose. Her mom is a member, but she didn't live with her mom the first 12 years of her life, so now she is with her mom, and very excited to learn about the gospel. She is also starting to learn the keyboard from me. Actually I am supposed to start teaching 4 people the keyboard this week, which is kind of cool, even though I am not the best teacher. I also am kind of like a few people's private English tutor. They write down a bunch of English and come ask me to check it and I will give them assignments. Anyways we were able to give Rose a baptismal date for the 25th of May, which would be great! We also went to a new orphanage this past week. There are a lot more kids at this one, but the smaller one is a lot nicer. One of the guys who works at this orphanage took our number and said he wants to learn more. He actually came to church on Sunday and seemed to really enjoy it so that should be good. Besides that, nothing too exciting has really happened. I think we are going to watch conference next week, which will be good. Except it will be in Swahili haha. I am still excited though. Well I love you all! Elder janda

No comments:

Post a Comment