About Me

My photo
I am serving a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Please feel free to write me. I love the Savior and am grateful that I have the opportunity to serve him for to years as I teach the people of Kenya and Nairobi about Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/7/14

Hey everyone! This week was a pretty great one! It had a lot of great moments, and also some that are kind of a bummer. I guess I will start with the bad news. My comp. has been struggling with some medical problems for most of his mission, and they have finally decided to send him home. They just can't figure out what is wrong with him. I am bummed for two reasons. One, because him and I have gotten along really well, and I am nervous I will get a companion that I don't get along with like I have in the past. Also, because he is leaving, I am really not sure where I am going. I really want to stay in Arusha, because I love this place and these people like crazy, but if I go somewhere else, I know for sure that it is the Lord's will. I should find out today, what is going on. He leaves on Thursday, so it will be interesting. I am definitely going to set the record for companions on mission. Not counting the MTC I have had 5 in 5 transfers and will get at least one more before this transfer is over. One of the coolest things we did this week, was go to a Masai village. Masai are the really cool tribe that all the tourists to Africa love. They are the ones that used to hunt lions, and dress cool, and do all the other cool stuff. Or branch's first councilor is a Maasai, and we went up there with Elder Mathers to look at a water project they recently did, and propose adding to it. It was really cool to go up there. We got to be the guests of honor at their village council meeting which was super cool. On the way up there we saw a ton of wildlife which was awesome! This past week, was a great one for our investigators. My companion and I have been bounced a lot by investigators and have definitely had some disappointments, but this week just felt like a great one. On Sunday we had 6 investigators come to church. Two of which were referrals from our current investigators. We also got 3 new investigators. I feel like we are getting close to baptism with a lot of them, and all it is going to take is some time. They know the church is true but they just need to learn more. After Church on Sunday we went to the orphanage and talked to the mama there. She was asking us more questions about baptism, and said she knows that the church is true and everything she has been taught is true, and all she needs is to learn more, and know that is true. We still have quite a few lessons to teach her and her husband, but I am fairly confident that they will be baptized one day. I am really praying that I will be able to stay here in Arusha, and see the work progress. I will probably just be letting you all know next week what is going on, because we still havent heard from the AP's. Anyways, I love you all! Elder Janda Hey there mom! It sounds like the weekend was a blast! I am glad you were able to spend so much time with Dalee and her mom. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch General Conference for another month or so, but that's OK! I am sure it was great. My week was pretty good, except I am kind of bummed because my comp. is going. Him and I get along better then any of my other comps. and I am scared to get another comp. that gives me problems like my other ones. Also I really don't want to leave this area, but right now I am just waiting for the AP's to call to tell me what is going on. But my companion is going home on Thursday, because he probably needs surgery. I should find out any minute what is going on with me, so you may get another email with that info. The work is going pretty well. I am still trying to get better with Swahili. I am starting to be able to teach people, and I can usually carry out a conversation as long as they keep the Swahili simple. We don't have a whole lot of investigators, but the ones we do have I feel like are progressing well. If I stay here, I feel like we will start having some baptisms here pretty soon which would be great! I got your card for Easter this Sunday so thank you so much for that! It was good to get some mail again! :) I love you so much mom! Thank you so much for everything you do for me! I couldn't be the person or missionary I am now without you, and the influence you had on me and the things you taught me. I miss you so much but at the same time I love it here. I can say that being on mission is one of the funnest yet most challenging things I have ever done. I know it is shaping me into the man that the Lord needs me to be. I love you!! Elder Janda

No comments:

Post a Comment